Updated: Sep 8
On August 5, 2021, the Italian Council of Ministers met to approve further measures for the safe operation of school activities, in the field of universities and transport. These measures are in addition to those approved at the meeting of July 22 2021 and come into force from September 1, 2021. The capacity limit for indoor sporting events is also increased to 35%.
School and University
The school and university activities for the 2021/2022 academic year will be carried out in the presence, except for any provisions in derogation that may be adopted by the Presidents of the Regions, the Autonomous Provinces and Mayors in the orange and red areas and in circumstances of exceptional and extraordinary need, due to high risks of contagion from Covid-19.
All educational institutions are required to take minimum security measures:
- Obligation to use face masks, except for children under the age of six, for people with pathologies or disabilities incompatible with the use of face masks, for people engaged in sports activities and for activities in which only vaccinated or healed students participate;
- it is forbidden to enter the school premises for persons with respiratory symptoms or body temperature over 37.5 °.
The obligation of the green pass is extended to all school and university staff and university students.
Only those with a Green Pass will be allowed to access and use the following means of transport:
1. aircraft engaged in commercial passenger transport services;
2. ships and ferries used for interregional transport services, with the exception of those used for maritime connections in the Strait of Messina;
3. trains used in Inter City, Inter City Night and High Speed passenger rail transport services;
4. buses used for passenger transport services, with an undifferentiated offer, carried out on the road continuously or periodically on a route that connects more than two regions and with pre-established itineraries, timetables, frequencies and prices;
5. buses used for rental services with driver, with the exception of those used in additional local and regional public transport services.
The use of other means of transport can also take place without a green pass, subject to compliance with anti-contagion measures.
The green pass obligation does not apply to subjects excluded by age from the vaccination campaign and to people who, for health reasons and according to the indications of the CTS, cannot be vaccinated.
This article is not a legal advice, but it has an informative function only. For personalized legal advice, contact us by e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org or by phone +39 06 916505710. © Dong & Partners International Law Firm, All rights reserved